54° 36′ 43.4″ N , 18° 46′ 50.4″ E
Depth above the wreck: 6m
Depth at the bottom: 15m
Warship built at the Chantiers Naval Francais Blainville shipyard (also turbine boilers), Ateliers et Chantiers de la Loire St. Nazaire. The first modern Polish naval counter-torpedo ship of the Second Polish Republic (served under the Polish flag for 9 years). He served as the flagship unit of the Counter-Torpedo Squadron, visiting many foreign ports with courtesy visits.
Last destroyers to defend the Coast, during Operation “Beijing” – “Storm”. On September 1, 1939, Wicher took part in the air-sea battle on the Gdańsk Bay. On 3 September, together with ORP “Gryf”, he launched an effective attack on the German destroyer, but unfortunately the same day he was hit by three bombs during the raid in the port of Hel.
The wreck was raised by the Germans, who wanted to renovate it and join Kriegsmarine as “Seerose”, but the decision was changed, which resulted in leaving ORP Wicher on an even keel near the port in Hel. Until the end of the 1950s, it served as an air bombardment target. After this time, it was partially dismantled, and in 1963 excavated to the surface
Length: 100.90 m
10.50 m wide
Draft 3.50 m
Standard displacement – 1540 t, full – 2010 t
2 sets of Parson steam turbines with a transmission with a total power of 35,000 HP 3 Yarrow – Normand boilers oil-fired,
maximum speed 33 kts, economic speed 15 kts,
range 3000 Nm / 15 kts,
crew of 162 people.
4 guns 130 mm / 40 cal Wz. 19/24 Schneider-Creusot Model 1924
2 plot plot 40 mm / 40 inch Wz. 28 Vickers-Armstrong 2 pdr Mk II
2 double nkm13 2 mm Hotchkiss wz. 30 (2 x II) from 1935
2 triple 550 mm torpedo tubes (23 DT type gas steam torpedoes) with reducers for 533 mm and 450 mm torpedoes
2 Thornycroft 24 cm deep bomber throwers (for 100 kg deep bombs they were not actually mounted on ships, but probably only handed over to the ship’s warehouses; the throwers were scrapped in October 1934)
2 on-board deep-air bomb launchers (20 Wz BH200 bombs) 60 min Wz 08.
Currently, ORP Wicher is the hero of the exhibition at the Vistula Lagoon Museum in Kąty Rybackie. What has not been mined and still rests on the bottom of the Baltic Sea are the lower parts of the hull and the remains of the engine room. Elements of the wreck lie on the slope from a depth of about 6 m to 21 m. Despite the short distance from the shore, to dive on this wreck, it is necessary to use a diving boat. Due to the irregular arrangement of the wreckage debris, navigation is quite complicated.